(there will be a section for grades K-3 – info coming)
A ship full of boisterous pirates, a town filled with lovely maidens, a hilarious group of bumbling policemen and a Major General who was rapping before that was a thing! It’s the Pirates of Penzance, a comedic musical that’s as fun to sing as it is to watch. Great parts for all ages!
The grade 4-12 cast will have the opportunity to audition for the following parts. Once you sign up, you will receive a script and exact measures of the song to learn. This information below is intended to give you a general sense of the show!
- Frederic, the Pirate King, and all pirates. These are the parts with big, over the top acting and dancing. Song: Pirate King! (also known as Better Far To Live and Die) Here’s one link to the song.
- Mabel, Kate, Edith and all maidens. These are the parts with the most challenging singing. Audition song: Climbing Over Rocky Mountain Here’s one link.
- Police captain and all police. These are the funny parts! Here’s one link – skip to minute 3
- The Major General, who has the most amazing, challenging patter song that truly was the inspiration for some of the rapping in Hamilton! You can look it up! Here’s a Prana link for part of the song! And here’s another – the song starts at about 30 seconds in.
- Ruth, who starts as a nursemaid and ends up as one of the Pirates. She has a great solo! Here it is.
Lots more details coming! We are looking at auditions Friday, March 7 and show in May. Rehearsals will be Friday and Sunday afternoons, and some Tuesday afternoons.
Early sign-up open with check only. Tuition $425