Instructors: Roberta Weiner
Practice Dates/Times: Thursdays 4:30-5:30 Jan. 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, Feb. 14, March 7, 14
Location: Prana Center
Yoga is a wonderful way for actors to learn to focus and concentrate, get more body awareness, and of course get stronger and more flexible. However, you do NOT have to be an actor to benefit from Yoga of course!
Among the many wonderful benefits of Yoga for kids and teens:
- They learn to manage stress and lessen anxiety through breathing techniques and healthy movement.
- They build focus and concentration through specific balancing techniques and mind-body practices
- They discover inner resources for self-confidence and a healthy body self-image
- They learn to engage in a physical practice that’s non-competitive and just for themselves
- They find techniques to help them fall asleep at tonight and wake refreshed and rejuvenated
- And so much more!
Roberta Weiner is a certified Kripalu and Hatha Yoga Teacher and has been teaching for 18 years. She has shared Yoga with children and teens in hundreds of classes both at the Prana Center and at Prana summer camps.